Sunday, April 17, 2011

HAWAII !! Part 2- the videos!

Here are some videos from our adventures in Hawaii!!
Climbing a tree on the way to Akaka Falls! When they put up a fence, that is just an invitation to me to go exploring! I probably should have been a bit weary of the 20-30 foot drop below me seeing as how I left my two children at home, but... I'm still here!

Exploring the lava tubes or "caves" as us main-landers call them.

Para sailing... wasn't my favorite, I decided to chum the fish below me instead, but we went triple and my mom and Ryan LOVED it!

Kayaking with the dolphins! On our way back from snorkeling by the Captain Cook Monument, we kayaked into a pod of dolphins! Our guide told us they were sleeping and so they just swam loops around the shore while they were resting.

Ryan's turn on the zip line! We had awesome views while we were on the course; including the ocean, the tropical rain forest and waterfalls too!

Kerstin's turn on the zip line!This was the last of 8 zip lines, the fastest, the longest and the most fun because you got to jump off a cliff!

Quest for the coconut...

He later found a brown one, and after an a half hour of trying to pry it open... It still tasted like grass water! ha! Lesson learned, if you want to drink coconut milk from a coconut, find somebody who knows what their talking about to help you!

1 comment:

Trina said...

What awesome videos! Are they all taken with a flip video or something?
The zip line would be amazing! How fun!
I don't think that anything straight from a coconut is all that good. But coconut milk and coconut cream are great in Thai curries.