
We threw a big birthday bash for Wade last Sunday, mickey mouse style! We had all of the family we could over at my mom and dads and celebrated with an indoor BBQ! We were going to have it at the park by our house, but it got rained out :( So, we took the party inside and had some hamburgers, hot dogs & cake and ice-cream! I definitely had too much fun making Wade's cake! If you talk to Ryan, he will tell you differently though! He caught me at my stress moment when Mickey, just wasn't looking like Mickey and I was being a pessimistic Patty! Let's just say it isn't so easy to draw with frosting and next time I might just cough up the cash and buy a character cake pan! Well, he went to bed, I stayed up late and ended up with this lovely...
It was especially fun to watch everyone eat it with all the black food coloring I had to use. The kids were having tons of fun showing each other their black tongues!
Here are the rest of the photos from the party! Too many to chose from, so I just put them all in a slide show!
Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate!We had a great time at the party and I think Wade did too! Although he probably didn't know it was all for him, he certainly knew how to steal the show! He is such a happy baby, I am so blessed!
As a 1 year old Wade is...
* 20 lbs 12 oz(25-50%), 2'6''(75%) and the doctor said his head wasn't that big this time! He had to get 6 shots and 2 viles of blood taken, so he wasn't a happy camper at the doctor but he is a healthy boy!
*Wade loves to play with his brother, although Jackson would like to disagree! Jackson is such a perfectionist, that he gets upset every time Wade touches a car or moves a train track! We are working on sharing though!
*He LOVES to eat anything! He especially likes fruit of any kind, but you have to give him a fork because he likes to do it all by himself!
* He is still perfecting the army crawl! He refuses to crawl normally and I wonder if he ever will! The doctor says some kids just prefer it that way!
* He pulls himself up on everything and stands with help!
* He takes 1 long nap in the mornings and 1 short one in the afternoon, if I'm lucky!
* He loves to point at things and say OOOh and dat when he likes them.
* He now says Papa! (which make his papa very proud!)
* He throws anything you put in his hand, and actually has a pretty good arm! This is not too fun when he is eating though because it gets really messy!
We just love our baby Wade!
Now I just need to get his 1 year photos taken. Is anyone up for the job, or know anyone who is good at it?







5 comments:
I can't believe Wade is one! Looks like you had a great party to celebrate. Oh how I wish we lived closer I would have loved to take his 1 year photos.
Good job on the cake and cupcakes! They looked adorable. Cute bangs too :)
Happy Birthdat to Wade! That year went by so fast! That cake looks awesome!
You always impress me with the cakes!!! I'm the mom that either buys the cake or makes an easy cake. Think like basketball. :)
Such fun pictures! I love the cake and it's seriously HUGE! That's awesome!
He is very adorable! Hope we get to meet him some day!
Post a Comment