Last week was a crazy week for us mainly because of this!
Somehow little Wade contracted viral exanthem! Last Thursday morning I woke up early and noticed little splotches on Wade's face. I thought to myself, hmmm... that's weird but didn't think too much of it until I started taking off his jammies to change his diaper and noticed they were everywhere! I immediately went into panic mode and thought the worst, that they were chicken pox! I quickly called my preschool group, who were supposed to show up at my house in an hour because it was my turn to teach. I told them not to come because I didn't know what it was yet and I didn't want to spread it to their kids too! I kept Jackson quarantined in his room until I got Ryan to come home to take Wade to the Doctor. Jackson hadn't had chicken pox yet either so I didn't want them both to get it! The Dr. told us he had viral exanthem, which basically means he had a rash caused by a virus that he probably picked up at the playground or the park or something. Most likely, he touched something and put his hands in his mouth or put something directly in his mouth, which we all know babies are good at! Then the Dr. told us he also had an ear infection too! I was a little annoyed at this because I had just brought him in for a check up three days before and they said his ears were fine! Apparently one developed, or they just missed it, which is what I think! Well, they gave us an antibiotic for that, but nothing for the rash because it just has to run it's course and will go away in time. Well let's just say I didn't take my baby out for a few days because it looked like he had leopracy! It quickly faded though and now it is completely gone! I so thankful that he is healthy now! He was still happy the whole time but didn't sleep too well because of the ear infection. Last night he slept from 8pm to 7am so I was soooo grateful! I thought I was in the clear but Ryan told me the last two nights that his throat is scratchy... please no more sickness!
Christmas Movie
7 years ago




2 comments:
Ohhhh. Poor thing. That looked horrible. I'm glad it cleared up quick and didn't bother him.
A viral what, indeed. And ear infections as a child is painful. hope the little dude recovers well.w
Post a Comment