Before Christmas came it poured the rain... literally for an entire week! Being a Californian, I was naturally excited about the rain for the first day or so, but then it just got down right depressing! It would rain and rain, day and night and we couldn't go outside to play, or run or do anything fun! I decided I can't live somewhere, where it rains constantly, I need my California sunshine! Anyhow, we did our best to make the most of it by staying busy.
We made gingerbread men...
And wrapped tons of presents! with a little "help" from the boys!
My mom and I wrapped so many presents when Ryan came home one day he said we weren't looking merry and bright any more! The joy was slowly melting away when we saw how much wrapping it took for 3 kids, 2 spouses, 3 grandkids, mom and dad, gigi... the list goes on! OH and not to mention in our family, the presents are perfectly wrapped to match the tree with big bows that match as well. Just a tradition started by my grandma, who every year has a different theme and color for a perfectly decorated tree with matching gifts. Corinne and I must have that gene in us because the Monday after Christmas we headed to "Shinoda's," the floral design and Christmas tree store for the sales! It is so fun to see everything come together at the end, so here's a few photos of all our hard work paying off! I forgot to get a fully decorated picture of our tree with gifts included, but here is a shot of the tree itself
And all our presents at mom and dad's
And here's the finished tree at mom and dad's
Christmas Movie
7 years ago




1 comment:
Your tree looks great and so do the cookies! Gingerbread cookies is one thing I wanted to do, but didn't have time for this year. Maybe next year.
Post a Comment