Friday, February 26, 2010

Ordinary days=Lack of pictures=Lack of posts!

So not so much has been going on this past month, we've just been up to our usual stuff, counting down the days, waiting for baby # 2 to arrive! Jackson and I have been keeping ourselves busy playing everyday and he has recently wanted me to document his playtime adventures. He'll line up all his cars in a straight line or by color and then say, "mommy take my picture!" He gets mad if you take a car out of place or try and put one in line yourself. (I wonder where he gets that!)Here he is with his trucks and his potato heads, which he calls his mommy's, daddy's, baby's and papa's-according to their size.


We also had a day of fun at Disneyland with the Insalaco's (Ryan's work buddies) and got to try out our new double jogging stroller. They have a little five month old and Jackson loved having someone to ride next to.
Here's us on the Ferris wheel at California Adventure


We also rode autopia at Disneyland and I let Jackson take the wheel


We had some ice-cream which was thoroughly enjoyed by all!

We have also been working on potty training which is going pretty well, when Jackson is in the right mood! He is successful at #2 everyday, but I can't seem to get him to his frog potty enough times a day to keep his pull-ups dry. He always gets candy for his successes but sometimes he just doesn't want to do it. Any suggestions? Here's our documented first success...( I know a little TMI, but I'm a proud mom!)

Oh, and here's our Super Bowl Sunday spread, accompanied by what Miller's do best after they eat...sleep! We had fun cheering on our fellow cougar Austin Collie and the Colts, and despite their loss it was still a good game. Even though Ryan was up past two working at a Winter Formal the previous night, he managed to stay awake for the whole game and only slept during the halftime show, what a true football fan! Jackson however went to bed at halftime and didn't wake up till the next morning. That's what happens when you're 2 1/2 and refuse to take naps!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I thought of you guys as we were watching the Superbowl this year. We still miss those days! Your Disneyland trips always look like so much fun! We need to go sometime.

corinneandmatt said...

Love the Mr. Potato heads! Cute pics of Disneyland... I want to see the baby bump!

Tiffany said...

I love the look he's giving you as he's sitting on his toilet! Hmmm, I had a friend tell me how she taught her boys to be potty trained. She said no more diapers so I did it. I just had him with his underwear on. He had a couple of accidents but after the first day, he pretty much went potty on the toilet. I also didn't like the potty chair so he's always peed on the "big" toilet. After keeping dry the first night and running in in the morning saying he had to go "pee pee", he hasn't worn diapers since. I don't know if this helps but Good Luck!

JD said...

oh, I miss the Super Bowl days, too. Jackson is a cutie.

Nate and Kim said...

Hey you look great Kerstin! I'll be you're ready to not be pregnant anymore. Good luck the next few weeks. We are just starting to try potty training Tyler too. It's an interesting process.

caseytanner said...

that's a good looking spread.