We had a little bundle of joy arrive at our house, just
about a week ago and we couldn't be happier! We are thrilled to announce the
birth of CHLOE JANE MILLER! She was born Wednesday, April 25th at 8:53 am. She
weighed 6lbs 15oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She has tons of dark brown hair
and is receiving lots of love from her two big brothers and mommy and daddy!
She came 10 days early, so I was a little bit anxious because her room is still
under construction and despite her Nana's best efforts to get her to arrive on
time, she came the day of her anticipated baby shower! On Monday afternoon, I had
a doctor's apt. and she told me I was only dilated to a 1, so not to worry. I
was glad because I had been suffering the previous week from a sinus infection
and didn't want the baby to arrive and get sick! She gave me an antibiotic and
I was calmed a bit. That night however, I woke up at about 2 am and felt like I
was having minor contractions, and I started freaking out because I didn't want
her to come yet. After about two hours, once Ryan settled me down, I was able
to go back to sleep. Tuesday morning, I woke up and started getting everything
ready, just in case. I packed my suitcase, and set up the pack 'n play and
couldn't really calm myself. i was nervous all day and kept having Braxton
hicks and stomach cramps that I told myself were not contractions. Ryan came home
while I was in the midst of making dinner and told me to go lay down. I don't
think I got up from the couch until I went up to bed that night. Sure enough, I
woke up at about the same time...2am and started having stomach pains again. I
told myself to calm down, but a little while later Ryan was awake because he kept
hearing me get up and down. At about 4 am, we turned on the tv and tried to
relax, but the contractions were getting stronger and closer together. At about
4 15 we called my mom and told her to send papa over to our house and meet us
at the hospital. We left the door unlocked for my dad and hurried to the
hospital. When i got there, they checked me and I was about a 3 1/2 to 4. I
told them I really wanted an epidural this time and my labors seemed to be pretty
fast, so we wanted to get things moving. However once I laid down when I got
there the contractions slowed to about every ten minutes. So, the doctor told
me to walk the halls of the hospital for two hours and see where that got me. I
was unconvinced, but said I'd try it for a little while. After about an hour of
walking the halls with my mom and Ryan, looking at the little babies in the
nursery and Ryan timing me with his contraction app... The contractions were
back to about every 5 minutes so they checked me again and admitted me to the
hospital. Everything got really fast from there. It took quite a few times to
get my iv in and blood work done, because according to every nurse, when I’m
pregnant I have "spider veins." But they got it and after about an
hour, I had an epidural in me. Which relaxed me quite a bit! They checked me
and I was at an 8. It was pretty slow working and I could still feel a bit on
my right side, but it was better than nothing! After about 10 minutes it was
working pretty well and my water broke! So about 10 minutes after that I felt
her coming and said, "She’s coming! Hurry!" The doctors and nurses
ran in and I was able to start pushing. This was the first time I actually had
to push! Wade was just too fast and came on his own and I couldn't feel
anything with jack! After a few short minutes, she was born and I was able to
see my baby girl for the first time! It was amazing!! I am so glad she's here,
healthy and strong. I am a little worried about being a mother of three, but so
far I’m doing just fine! More pics to come :)
Christmas Movie
7 years ago




4 comments:
Welcome Chloe! We love you and can't wait to meet you!!!!
Congrats Kerstin! She's adorable. I'm glad that your babies are good to you and come fast and glad that you got an epidural. Good luck with 3!
Hooray!! Congratulations! Wish you were still here so I could hold her, hope you're loving your new place!
So glad things went well! Babies are so inconsiderate of things you have going on! Why don't they come when you want them to come?! :) Funny little thing, my mother-in-law has told me that she's not booking her flight for this baby until later just in case I know if the baby's coming early or late. Because I'd totally know, right?! Haha. Congratulations! Having a girl is fun and man can they be feisty! Here's hoping Chloe is the best baby girl ever and will be sleeping through the night soon! :)
Post a Comment