Friday, January 14, 2011

Preschool and Primary!


Jackson was way stoked for the new year to begin because that meant two new big "P's" for him... Preschool and Primary!
He had his first week as a sunbeam at church and he couldn't have been any happier! He came home singing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" (only it was 'sunbeaB' instead!) and wearing a crown he made that said I'm a Child of God. After his first week, his teacher said, "He really likes to sing, doesn't he!" and "he LOVES dinosaurs too!" I guess he talked a lot about them. Last week he volunteered himself to be the scripture spotlight and when he was asked who his favorite scripture hero was in front of the whole primary he said "Woody!" And then proceeded to keep talking about how cool Woody was! His teachers filled us in on the whole story. We are so proud of him and hope that he continues to enjoy his time in class instead of playing in nursery with all the toys and the little kids!
He also had his first week at preschool and now has three new best friends! He was so excited to be able to bring his backpack with a lunch in it and go to school! When he walked out our door he yelled to everyone outside "Hey everyone! I'm going to Preschool!" It was super cute! He now gets to go twice a week for three hours at a time. We are doing a co-op preschool so me and three other ladies in the ward trade 1 week at a time and teach the curriculum to 4 little ones. There is also another group of 4 kiddies who we get together with to go on field trips and stuff. We're headed to Sea World soon and boy are we excited!

2 comments:

corinneandmatt said...

I want to be in preschool again!

Nate and Kim said...

That's cute Kerstin! Tyler is loving primary as well. I can't believe our kids are primary kids now. I may or may not have wanted to tear up a little bit when I dropped him off for the first time.