Jackson turned 1 on August 23rd and boy did we have fun celebrating his birthday! We had our cousins from San Diego and Grandparents from LaHabra come and party with us. Josh even had some friends come too. Everything was Sesame Street themed, and brightly colored rigtht down to the cake, which was Big Bird. This was my first experience making a Wilton cake using tips and all, so it took a lot of hours but I think it was worth it! Jackson had a blast opening up his presents. He opened the first one with a little help from Mom and giggled with joy. It was a basketball houp that cheered when you scored. Then all he wanted to do was play with that toy! We encouraged him to open some more and he got some cars, a ball popper, a baby walker(that he can actually walk with!), cute clothes, a book, and a tickle-me Elmo. He immediately hugged the Elmo because he loves stuffed animals, but when saw it make noise and move, he got scared and started to cry! We tried to coax him into playing with it, but we didn't want too many tears so I think we'll save Elmo for Christmas! For dinner we had yummy kabobs and dessert was homemade ice cream and cake. We sang Happy Birthday to Jackson and Nick and we all laughed as Jackson shoved cake in his mouth like there was no tomorrow! It ended up being a fun day and great 1st Birthday party!
Christmas Movie
7 years ago







4 comments:
Great Job on the cake ... amazing doesn't look like your first time ... you are such a good crafty mom!
You did a way good job with the cake! Where did you get the pan for that?
Thanks! The pan was from ebay $2.50!! But, I had to pay $4 in shipping. They actually had tons of them to choose from!
Kerstin that cake looks so good! I need to start figuring out what I am going to do for Tyler's 1st birthday. I'm glad that you guys had such a fun time. Looks like Jackson got a lot of fun toys.
Post a Comment